Saturday, May 1, 2010

Fancy Top Note

Happy May Day!
Here it is May 1st already. Seems like the year just started and here it is 1/4 gone already. Summer is on it's way. Have you recieved your new Summer Mini Catalog. If not let me know and I will get you one.
I have already fallen in love with so many items in it. Stampin Up just keeps getting better and my craft room just keeps getting fuller. Oh well, I just see more fun days of creating.

I got the idea from Laurie's Rubber Room for the following two cards. I did the bottom one first and then decided to add a flower to the second. Once you get a layout there is so much you can do with embellishments. Just adds pizazz and beauty to each one.

FRIENDSHIP CARD




Card Recipe:

Stamp Set: Best Yet

Cardstock: Perfect Plum, Pretty in Pink, Naturals White, Perfect Plum DSP

Ink: Perfect Plum, Basic Gray and Pretty in Pink

Accessories: Big Shot (you really need this), Top Note Die, Finial Press Embossing Folder,Large Fancy Flower Punch, 1 1/4 inch Circle Punch, Perfect Plum 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon, Fire Circle Rhinestone Brads, Dimensionals, and Mini Glue Dots, Soft Subtle brad in center of flower.


I now decorate the inside of my cards as well. It just seems to add a special touch for charm. Here is the inside of it. I love the vines from the Vintage Vogue set, they are so dainty and vintage looking.






JUST BECAUSE CARD

I decided to make a card that I could use for any occassion that might spring up on me. Seems like that always happens and I'm never prepared. I just love the Top Note Die and have done so many different things with it. I've made a small picture album, put some on my scrapbook pages and all kinds of things. It is just so neat looking and versatile.



Card Recipe:

Stamp Set: Best Yet, Vintage Vogue

Cardstock: Blush Blossom (soon to be retired), Au Chocolat' DSP, Certainly Celery

Ink: Green Galore(soon to retired), Rose Red

Accessories: Big Shot with Top Note Die, Certainly Celery 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon. 1 1/4 inch Circle Punch






Inside I left blank so any message could be written in for whatever occassion it is needed for. Just a nice clean card for special people.

I really enjoy card making and scrapbooking. I am making a 60 year scrapbook to give to my family. Starts with the year I married my wonderful husband, Eugene, and continues through 56 years of marriage at this point. Only 4 to go to finish the album. I will be sharing some of the pages here without pictures to give some samples of what can be done in scrapbooking.

Well, enough for today. See you tomorrow.

Thanks for stoppin in!


Have a Blessed Day!

June

No comments:

Post a Comment