Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I AM FINALLY BACK

It has been a busy few days.


Friday afternoon I brought my husband home from his surgery and he was having a little heart problem, so that meant a trip to the heart doctor yesterday. He put a monitor on him over night and we took it back this morning. Won't know for a few days what it showed.


Of course, Sunday was Mother's Day. Our son took us to breakfast with his family and then we played a few games at their house afterward. After we got home we had phone calls from our other children and a nice visit from a former daughter in-law and her present husband. I got a beautiful bouguet of flowers from our oldest son. You can see the picture above.

Thursday was also a sad time for our entire family. Our great-granddaughter and great-grandson lost their Mother. It was a sudden passing and a huge shock and loss for us all. So I spent yesterday and today making the special cards below for them. I hope you enjoy them and that they will inspire you to create some of your own.



I used my computer to write the sentiment because I didn't have a stamp set for this occassion.

Cardstock is: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum, and Cottage Wall DSP

Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum

Stamp set: Vintage Vogue

Accessories: Old Olive 5/8 Satin Ribbon, Scallop Border Trim Punch, Coluzle (retired), Big shot and Beautiful Wings Sizzlet, 2 Step Bird Punch, hole punch and mat, White Gel Pen, small bead strip from Eggcelent Kit, Earth Elements Brads, and dimensionals.


Stamp Set: Very Versitile

Ink: Rich Razzleberry and Always Artichoke

Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Always Artichoke, Soft Suede, Naturals Ivory, Parisian Breeze DSP (retired).

Accessories: Soft Suede Polka Dot Ribbon, 1/2 inch circle punch, small/large/scallop oval punches, Scallop trim border punch, beads from Eggcelent Kit, and dimensionals.

That about raps up this session on my blog.
I pray you all had a great Mother's Day and will have many memories to ponder in the future. I lost my own Mom 35 years ago and I still miss her greatly everyday but Mother's Day is even worse.

Thanks for stoppin in!

Have a Blessed day!

June

No comments:

Post a Comment