Saturday, October 1, 2011

Stitched Stockings

I went to breakfast at the club house this morning and found out that a neighbor had died this week. He was only in his late 50's and had just totally redone his house and bought a new pick up that hadn't even received it's new license as yet. It really makes me think how fragile life is and how it can be snuffed out in a blink of an eye. I think God may be saying make the most of today it may be your last. We do tend to take things for granted and we certainly should not do that. I would say live this day to the fullest, do whatever good you can do for someone else and enjoy every moment of it.

Now on to happier things. It's a beautiful day and I am working on cards for Saturday's card class. Thinking I would rather be at the bay watching the boats and reading a good book. Maybe tomorrow if I get everything done today. We are supposed to have a cooler week and maybe some rain so I should enjoy the sunshine while I can. 






Here is the 3rd card from September's card class. I really love this new stamp set and matching punch. I am so glad we are getting more of the punches to match stamp sets. My people really love punches, they say they work much better than scissors.(lol)

I used Always Artichoke 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 for the main card. Riding Hood Red is 4 x 5 1/4, Confetti White is 3 3/4 x 5. The sentiment is from Many Merry Messages and stamped in Riding Hood Red ink. The stockings are done in Garden Green and Riding Hood Red ink. The accessories used are: the Stocking Punch, Jingle Bells, Linen Thread, Dimensionals and Mini Glue Dots.

Thanks for stoppin' in and I'll see you tomorrow.
Hugs,
June

'Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will act' Psalm 37:5

No comments:

Post a Comment