Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fabulous Florets

I have had a rough week and just decided I need to post anyway. I did something to my back and left hip at my last card class and have been barely able to walk all week. I will see the doctor tomorrow and see if there's anything she can do about it. It is getting pretty unbareable.

We are under a flash flood warning today, however it is sunny and warm and I don't see the threat of rain and thunder they are predicting. We could use some rain but no floods or thunder please.





Here is another card from our July card class. I love this paper and the stamp set. I used Fabulous Florets and the sentiment is from Upsy Daisy.

I started with a So Saffron card 4 1/2 x 11. Then layered it with Tangerine Tango 4 1/8 x 5 3/8. Next layer is Whisper White 4 x 5 1/4. I then went with a smaller layer of Tangerine Tango 2 1/2 x 5 and covered it with a layer 2 1/4 x 4 3/4 from Beyond the Garden DSP. I then took two pieces of 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, one Pumpkin Pie and one Daffodil Delight, tied them together around my layers in a double knot. Next layer is So Saffron 2 1/2 x 4 and then Whisper White 2 1/4 x 3 3/4. The flowers were cut out with scissors and put on with dimensionals. I used Old Olive and Tangerine Tango ink.

Hope you like it as much as we did. It is such a bright and cheery card. It would also be good for a get well card or sympathy card.

Thanks for stoppin and I'll see you soon.

Hugs,
June

'Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will act' Psalm 37:5

No comments:

Post a Comment