Thursday, June 3, 2010

FUN DAY

This has been a fun day creating. I am wanting to use up the paper that is being retired, so I am working very hard to do that.

We see so many Father's Day cards that are geared to grown-ups only. I thought it was time to do one that looked like it is coming from a young son instead. Thence, the old deer and the young deer wishing Dad a Happy Father's Day.


I used Ballet Blue for the card and layered it with YoYo Yellow. Then put on 2 more layers of each punched with the Border Trim Punch. I followed this with a layer of Only Orange, stamped with the images from, Forest Friends, And Many More and Natures Silhilouettes. I used Soft Suede Ink for the images.
I think any father would be happy to receive this from a young child.



This one I made the main card from Pixie Pink. Then I layered it with Brilliant Blue. I next put a layer of Gable Green and stamped the Friends sign from Vintage Vogue in Brilliant Blue ink. I then took a piece of Pixie Pink, cut an oval with the Coluzzle (retired) then ran it through the Big Shot with the Finial Press Embossing Folder. The Brilliant Blue hearts were punched with the Small Heart Punch to finish it off. I also stamped the image from the Vintage Vogue Set across the top in Gable Green ink.

I have been going over my papers with card styles and I am amazed at what I can do with no cards to copy. Just the image and I select the colors, and embellishments. If I can do it, anyone can do it! Believe me, I'm not a pro,(lol) as if you could not tell. This sketch was a TSSC122 challenge.

Anyway, stamping is fun and that's why I do it.


Thanks for stoppin in!

Have a Blessed Day!

June

No comments:

Post a Comment