Sunday, June 6, 2010

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY

As I was doing my daily blog searching this morning, I ran across a new challenge on Creations by Corie. It's call Paper Players Challenge Week #1. I decided I would like to play so here is my creation. We have to create a card for a man. My father is no longer alive but I have 3 sons and a son -in-law that I feel deserve Father's Day cards from other than just their children. They are all great fathers and should be recognized for it. So this is my 4th Father's Day card that I have created this month.


I used Close to Cocoa for the bass card. I layered that with Very Vanilla run through my crimper (non SU), then layered with Really Rust stamped with a sentiment from "And Many Mower" and accented that with a Raised Dot Designer Holder from the Very Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware kit. Then I put another layer of Close to Cocoa run through my crimper and embellished it with a piece of Dusty Durango Polka Dot Ribbon, turned over. Next layer is Close to Cocoa layered with Apricot Appeal, stamped with the Wolf from the Natures Silhouette Stamp Set. I clipped the corners of the Apricot Appeal with my 1/2 Circle Punch for a little different look.

Hope you are having a great Sunday.

Thanks for stoppin in!

June


Always Playing with Paper: Paper Players Challenge Week #1

4 comments:

  1. Great card June! Love the image you have used and the paper colours are perfect for a masculine card. Could you please email me and send me your email address? My email is listed in my profile. I will explain how to do the direct link! Thanks for joining us at Always Playing with Paper!
    Smiles,
    Lesley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!! June this is so fabulous, great guy card. I love all your layers and your colors are so fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along with us on this challenge!!

    Big hugs and smiles,
    Corie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo you used here---thanks for playing with the Paper players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. June - this is a fabulous card. I love the image balanced with your sentiment and the fact that you highlighted the sentiment by putting it with a piece of hodgepodge hardware - that really adds to the masculine feel. The texture you got on your background pieces fits so well with your card and, of course, I love the image.
    All round a gorgeous card. Thank you so much for joining us at the Paper Players in our inaugural challenge.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete