Thursday, September 1, 2011

Natures Silhouette

Happy September 1 to you all. Hard to believe it is fall already. The seasons seem to pass more quickly every year. Feel like my life is moving in the fast lane.

Had a great Big Shot class on Tuesday. We are having to say good-bye to one of our members as she is moving to Florida. We will miss you Amy and hope you can come back to us someday. We will be praying for you and your husband and family.



This card was inspired by some new designer series paper in the new Holiday Mini that went live this morning. It's called Frostwood Lodge and has a lot of wood looking designs for the male friends and family members cards. I love this stag, he looks so majestic and I'm pretty sure my sons would like to meet him in the woods come hunting season in Michigan.

I started with Early Espresso CS 4 1/4 x 11 for the main card base. Next layer is DSP from the Frostwood Lodge collection 4 x 5 1/4, next one is 3 1/4" square and the next is one 3" square. Under the deer is Crumb Cake 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 and the deer is stamped on a 2 x 3 piece that really looks like White Birch, my favorite wood. I stamped the sentiment from Happiest Birthday Wishes on a piece of Naturals White and punched it out with the Decorative Label punch. The Early Espresso under it was also punched with the same punch.

Stunning birthday for any deer lover.

Thanks for stoppin' in and I'll see you soon.
Hugs,
June

'Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will act' Psalm 37:5

No comments:

Post a Comment