Monday, January 31, 2011

Elements of Style

Good Morning. We had a good rain during the night but the sun is going to shine some today. We still have some puffy clouds and may get some showers yet but I think the hard rain is over. We really needed it. My Narcissus are blooming so beautiful and my roses don't seem to want to take a rest. It is a much nicer scene here than the white stuff in the East. I certainly do not miss that.



This is one of the cards we did in my January card class. It is called the window technique. Most of my class loved it even though it was difficult for them to get the pieces straight. We had a great time and we are all looking forward to next month's class. One of the ladies ask me on Saturday if it was time for class yet. She whined a little when I said 3 weeks to go.











I started with a Whisper White card 4 1/4" by 11". Next layer is Marina Mist DSP ( I love this color) 4" x 5 1/4". I ran this through the Big Shot with the new Framed Tulips Embossing Folder. The Whisper White layer is 3 3/8" x 4 3/4" and put through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. Attach the DSP to the card.


I then cut a piece of More Mustard 3 1/8" x 3 5/8" . I stamped the flower image on Whisper White 2 7/8" x 3 1/8" with Jet Black Stazon ink. Cut a piece of the Adhesive Sheet the same size and put on the back of your image. Color with Marina Mist, So Saffron and Wild Wasabi Markers. Cut your image into 6 pieces and adhere to the More Mustard in a window style. Cut a medium window sheet same size as the More Mustard and attach with 2 Gold Brads. Attach the More Mustard to the larger Whisper White toward the top and tie a piece of 1/4" Marina Mist Grossgrain Ribbon around it in a bow. Attach your window piece to the Marina Mist layer. It is beautiful in real life.


Hope everyone is having a terrific Monday.

Thanks for stoppin' in and I hope to see you again real soon.


Hugs,

June


'Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will act' Psalm 37:5

No comments:

Post a Comment