Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Friend


What was the saying about the road to 'Hell' being paved with good intentions? Well, my intention to post everyday this year was good but life gets in the way again. After 6 days in the hospital with my husbands 2 heart attacks ( one before Christmas and one right after) and the numerous doctors office visits since I am on my way to fullfilling my good intentions. Hopefully that will make everything right!! (lol)

We had a great time at card class yesterday and we saw 2 new stampers join us. Just want to welcome Shirley and her daughter Tami to our class and say they were a joy to get to know. Hope we will see them each month in the future.

This is the first card we did for January and I am showing two different versions, the first was mine and the second was Amy's. I loved her's as well and so decided to show both. She just reversed the designer series paper to give it a different look. We decided her's was for the young, and mine for the older ladies because purple is for the older set, I am told. We just had a great time, laughing, joking and of course stamping. If you live in the San Diego area and would like to join us, we meet once per month on the 2nd Saturday at 1pm at my home. We would love to have you join us!!








Card Recipe:

Stamp Set: My Friend

Card Stock: Wisteria Wonder 4 1/4 x 11, 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 and a scrap for the flower; Whisper White 4 x 5 1/4, and a scrap for the scallop circle, Berry Blossom DSP 3 x 4

Ink: Wisteria Wonder

Accessories: 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Big Shot w/Simple Flower Sizzlet(retired) you could also use the Flower Burst Sizzlet instead, 3/8" White Taffeta Ribbon 6 1/2", Large Basic Pearls, and Dimensionals

Thanks for stoppin' in and I will see you tomorrow.
Hugs,
June

'Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will act'  Psalm 37:5

No comments:

Post a Comment