Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Swirls and Curls Verses

Finally the last card of the July card class. Today I am cutting for the Christmas-Stamp-a-Stack this Saturday. We have five ladies for Saturday and another five for Tuesday. 20 cards each makes for a lot of cutting. Wish I had a Tami helper like Ronda Wade does. I sure could use one. The only one possible is another demo Lauren Foster but she is getting ready to move to Montarey, CA. So she really doesn't have any extra time. I am really going to miss her positive attitude, smile and all around great personality. She's a terrific girl!




For this card I used the new Island Indigo cardstock for the base card 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. The first layer is also new, Pool Party 4 1/8 x 5 3/8. The DSP is Paisley Petals 3 7/8 x 5 1/8, I just love this paper. The sentiment is from Swirls and Curls Verses (hostess set) and is stamped in Island Indigo on Whisper White 2 x 4. I took a piece of Island Indigo 1 x 4 and punched it with the Scallop Eyelet Border Punch and punched the two butterflies from Island Indigo also. For a little "bling" I used a strip of 3 Basic Rhinestones (the ones that are joined together) for the butterfly bodies. I really love this card and so did the class.

Hope this inspires you to create something with the new colors and some "bling".

Thanks for stoppin' in and I'll see you next week with the Christmas cards
Hugs,
June
'Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will act' Psalm 37:5

No comments:

Post a Comment