Monday, June 4, 2012

Triple Treat Flower

We were at the doctors again this morning. My husband's broken foot is healing but it can take up to 12 weeks before it heals completely. So I guess our trip to Michigan is off for now. We may go in the fall if it doesn't get cold there early. He is doing good but is not suppose to walk much.

I hated to see this stamp retire as I had just gotten into doing some special things with it but all good things must come to an end sometime. Hope you are inspired by this card and will do some experimenting on your own.




Card Recipe:

Stamp sets: Triple Treat Flower and Loving Thoughts

Cardstock: Poppy Parade 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and 3 x 3; Basic Black 4 x 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 x 4 plus a scrap for the circle; Whisper White 3 3/4 x 5 and a scrap for the flower;

Ink; Poppy Parade

Accessories: Label Collection Framelit with the Big Shot; 2 3/8 Scallop Circle punch; 1 3/4" circle punch, 5-Petal Flower punch, Poppy Parade Poly ribbon and Dimensionals


'Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will act' Psalm 37:5

2 comments:

  1. Hi June...sorry to hear you've had to postpone your trip to MI. You may remember me, I'm a side-line of yours & often see your daughter at Ronda's meetings. I just had to say I know exactly how long the wait will be as I've been experiencing the same thing myself. I had major foot surgery on 3/5 and was completely non-weight-bearing for nearly 10 weeks. A little over 4 weeks ago I was released to start walking & it has been a very slow process & I'm just limping-along. I started physical therapy 2 weeks ago & have seen some progress by exercising in the pool. I strongly suggest that if your husband can find a PT place with a pool to 'go for it'. So much easier learning to walk again in the water! Good luck to him and hope MI has a great fall so that you can come visit! Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gail. I do remember you and so sorry to hear about your foot. His is not quite that bad but he still needs to stay off it. He is 81 and is diabetic and has a heart condition as well. This has not been a fun year for him. It started out with 2 heart attacks within a week and he was just recovering good from that and now this. Sure hope we can come in the fall, I would really like to go to Ronda's mini convention.

    ReplyDelete